Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook ~ Week of January 12

For Today...




Outside my window... I watch the sun rise over the San Francisco Bay while planes land at the SFO airport.


I am thinking... that I really need to buckle down and do my assignment for my writing course that is due on Thursday.


From the learning rooms... I am learning the ins and outs of writing a "Childrens' Book".


I am thankful for... the opportunity to travel with my hubby on business trips where I get to enjoy and explore other parts of North America.


From the kitchen... is a made-to-order breakfast in the hotel kitchen.


I am wearing... my pink plaid pj bottoms, blue cotton camisole and warm angora hoodie and slippers, but not for long as I'll need to change to go down to breakfast.


I am reading... the book of Job from my Bible, Writing for Children and Young Adults, and will be starting my book club selection for January, The Other Daughter.


I am hoping... this incredible weather in California holds on so hubby doesn't miss it all while he works like a dog.


I am creating... more memories of my time in one of my favorite cities in North America, San Francisco.


I am hearing... the voices of Diane Sawyer and Robin Roberts on Good Morning America.


Around the house... or in this case, the hotel room... my books are scattered about the sofa, the bed is unmade and it looks "lived in" until housekeeping comes to tidy up :-)


One of my favorite things... is wandering around the streets of downtown San Francisco and riding the cable cars!


A few plans for the rest of the week... enjoying the California sunshine, finishing my assignment, swimming in the hotel pool and sitting in the hot tub and maybe taking the subway back downtown to spend more time in my beloved SF!


Here is the picture thought to share with you:



Walking along the paths of Muir Woods Redwood Forest




1 comment:

Cindy said...

Hi Sue, sounds like you are really enjoying SF. Hope hubby gets to enjoy some of it with you. :)

Love your picture. It looks very peaceful...Kinda like God shining his light down. Love it.