Monday, August 10, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook ~ Week of August 10, 2009

For Today:



Outside my window: it is humid! The temperature is only 84 degrees, but the humidex/heat index says it feels like 102 with a severe thunderstorm watch... but at this moment it's sunny and looking like a perfect summer day (in my opinion after all our cool, rainy weather so far)

I am thinking: how much fun I had on the weekend with my sis & niece touring the 1000 Islands, but ooooh I may pay for it with all I have to do to prepare for vacation this week.

From the learning rooms: Asking myself "Is this wise?" in every decision I make as opposed to "Is it 'right' or 'wrong'?"

I am thankful for: the opportunity last week to billet in our home, 2 teenage girls ( LIT~leaders in training~ down from a summer camp up north to help out at our church day camp)

From the kitchen: all's quiet although I have been thinking of what to make for dinner... will probably do some fish, rice and broccoli

I am wearing: pink t-shirt, blue track pants (AC makes me cool inside) and slippers

I am reading: my Bible and books on writing fiction.

I am hoping: my hubby doesn't burn out from prepping for vacation at work ~ he's stressed with trying to get things caught up.

I need: get cracking on my assignment and organizing myself quickly.

I am creating: really poor fiction - lol It's so much harder than I imagined!

I am hearing: silence... pure, sweet, silence.

Around the house: a few souvenirs from my weekend.

One of my favorite things: exploring new places, like Singer Castle yesterday.

A few plans for the rest of the week: laundry, the next assignment for my course, touching base with friends, prepping for vacation...

Here is a picture thought to share with you:

Me with my 2 LIT girls we billeted/adopted for the week!

You can have a Woman's Simple Daybook too by going to The Simple Woman's Daybook blog! Also, feel free to catch up on the daily happenings in my other blog. The link is on the sidebar!

No comments: