Monday, September 14, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook ~ Week of September 14, 2009

For Today:



Outside my window: it's rather gray, although the temperature seems rather good for this time of year. The leaves are beginning to turn on some of the trees at the end of our street which means Fall is around the corner.

I am thinking: I wish I felt better ~ fighting some kind of sinus infection/allergies/cold?... something and I feel very worn and weak today.

From the learning rooms: inter-dependence in community is much better than independence and being all alone.

I am thankful for: answered prayers so far in keeping my niece and her triplets safe during her pregnancy... she's already half-way there!

From the kitchen: the kettle has boiled and it's time to make my favorite morning tea and some breakfast.

I am wearing: blue track pants, pink t-shirt and green hoodie... and socks.

I am reading: my Bible, my new bible study "Me, Myself and Lies", and The Beach House by Sally John.

I am hoping: my energy returns soon and I'm feeling better ~ I have SO much to do both inside and outside the house.

I need: to get cracking on my next assignment again. Only 4 more to go!

I am creating: very special baby items for 3 very special babies on the way. I'm almost done the first! (been knitting like a fiend!)

I am hearing: nothing but the clock ticking on the kitchen wall and the low hum of traffic beyond the fence and police station in my back yard.

Around the house: the floors need a good sweep and the bathrooms need a once over but it will have to wait at least one more day until I'm feeling better.

One of my favorite things: getting hugs from my hubby when I'm feeling sick. My mom used to hug me all the time when I was sick and now I make hubby. It helps me feel better!

A few plans for the rest of the week: book club starts back up tomorrow night, housecleaning, and hopefully going to sign papers at the bank for financing for a replacement vehicle for hubby's old one!

Here is a picture thought to share with you:

My niece "S" and I at Ribfest

You can have a Woman's Simple Daybook too by going to The Simple Woman's Daybook blog! Also, feel free to catch up on the daily happenings in my other blog. The link is on the sidebar!

1 comment:

Denise said...

Hi sweetie, hope you feel better soon. We have book club this week too but I didn't finish the book, it was Barbara Walters! I started it and thought it was good, but it quickly turned rather boring for me!
Love the pic of you and your niece :)