Monday, March 23, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook ~ Week of March 23, 2009

For Today:


Outside my window: is my sister's beautiful North Carolina backyard where Spring is springing.

I am thinking: that I don't want to go home and I DREAD going back to my old job for even 4 days Blowing Nose

From the learning rooms: God is in control, even when life doesn't make human sense.

I am thankful for: this time at my sister's where my hubby can FINALLY relax and leave work behind him

From the kitchen: my vanilla black tea is in the teapot and the cereal box is calling out my name

I am wearing: my old "standby": pink snoopy pj pants, pink t-shirt and my cream angora hoodie and warm fuzzy socks

I am reading: my Bible, Behind the Stories, Karen Kingsbury's Every Now and Then and a couple of daily devotionals: Beth Moore's Believing God: Day by Day and The One Year Women's Friendship Devotional

I am hoping: that God works all things out for His glory in the lives of my sister's family this year!

I am creating: another baby blanket for the 2nd of my pregnant friends. KnittingThis one I'm sort of making up from a pattern I found online. I'm making it a colorful patchwork (since we don't know the sex of the baby) with 14 balls of yarn going at once. A little confusing at times, but it's turning out REALLY cute if I do say so myself.


I am hearing: Josh Turner's deep base voice on the GAC station on my sister's tv

Around the house: are signs of our helping the U.S. economy ~ bags from our shopping expeditions on the weekend Smile

One of my favorite things: is sitting outside on my sister's back patio enjoying the warmth of the sun. I can't get enough of it as I'll have to psych myself up to go home on Friday ~ back to the cooler weather.

A few plans for the rest of the week: going to my niece's for dinner tonight, having my other niece and her boyfriend come for dinner tomorrow night, maybe another round of golf, more shopping, more eating out (Olive Garden, Sweet Tomatoes, Carraba's?), packing up to go home Pouty

Here is a picture thought to share with you:


Hubby and some Spring Golf


You can have a Woman's Simple Daybook too by going to The Simple Woman's Daybook blog!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Awww, I'm so happy for you, Sue. You are enjoying your vacation experience utterly and fully. God bless you both.

Denise said...

awww, I wish you could stay in the warm weather for longer, but hopefully soon you'll get it back home too. Sounds like you and Doug have had a lovely time together :)