Monday, June 1, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook ~ Week of June 1, 2009

For Today:


Outside my window: are the gently rolling hills of the Texas countryside and I-35 traffic between Austin and San Antonio.

I am thinking: that I may just have burned my chin today by the pool. I forgot to take my hat down but probably burnt my chin before I remembered and went back up to the room to get it.

From the learning rooms: I am learning to be grateful for God's many blessings in my life, like being able to travel with my hubby and stay in lovely hotels.

I am thankful for: the opportunity to travel and visit my online buddy, Denise this weekend!

From the kitchen: there is hotel staff running about preparing for the dinnertime crowd, although for us, hubby is either bringing back Texas BBQ from his favorite place, or we're going out with his clients.

I am wearing: white v-neck t-shirt, brown shorts and bare feet... and sunscreen of course ;-)

I am reading: my Bible (Ecclesiastes still) and Covenant Child by Terri Blackstock

I am hoping: to get over to the outlet mall tomorrow for a few hours before I come back to sit by the pool again... or may do it in reverse... not sure yet!

I am creating: memories of my time here in Texas with friends and hubby.

I am hearing: the slightest hint of the traffic on the I-35 out the hotel window

Around the hotel: are kids from all over Texas in town for a band competition... the hotel has been CRAZY since we arrived but I'm hoping they're gone soon - a hotel full of teenagers is chaos!

One of my favorite things: spending time with Denise, Jason and Kristen at their beautiful home... sitting out on their balcony or patio just catching up!

A few plans for the rest of the week: the outlet mall, reading by the pool, working out in the little gym, maybe get a massage in the hotel spa, wander around San Antonio Friday and may stay our last night in downtown Austin.
Here is a picture thought to share with you:


Denise, Kiki and Me at Chuy's Mexican Restaurant
after church on Sunday

You can have a Woman's Simple Daybook too by going to The Simple Woman's Daybook blog! Also, feel free to catch up on the daily happenings in my other blog. The link is on the sidebar!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Oooh don't we all look good together, and all matching in white, I didn't realize at the time ;-)

I'm off to bed to read, it's only 9.40pm and I'm already very sleepy.
Hope you have a good night sleep at your hotel.
Love you

Anonymous said...

Oh, it sounds like you're having a great time! Enjoy your time with Hubby, Denise and Kiki! (hope your chin feels better soon ; )